The Queensland Government is funding grants for regional small businesses with less than 20 employees through Round 2 of the Business Basics grant program.
Are you eligible for the grant?
Small businesses must have less than 20 employees at the time of applying and meet the following criteria:
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Be registered for GST
- Be based in regional Queensland
- Have a Queensland headquarters
- Have a $300,000 or less turnover for fiscal year 2020-21
- Cannot have been approved for Business Basics program (round 1)
- Have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt or are not insolvent
What can the grant funding be used for?
Small businesses can use the $5,000 grant money for the services outlined in the table below:
Grant assessment criteria
To be successful, you will need to show that the grant funded activity will:
- Positively impact revenue growth and gross profit,
- Enhance the business’s core skills and adopt best practice,
- Be likely to create jobs growth within the business, and
- Demonstrate value for money.
How to apply for the grant
Applications for the Business Basics Grant open at 9am on 8 September August 2021 and are expected to fill quickly. To have the best chance of submitting a grant application, we recommend that you have your draft application and attachments ready to upload and set time aside to complete and submit your application at 9am on 8 September 2021. The link to the application form can be found here.
To discuss the eligibility of your business for a Business Basics grant, please click here now to make a 15-minute discovery call with us.