Queensland small and medium-sized businesses and some not-for-profit organisations will be eligible to receive up to $30,000 in grants through the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grants program if their organisation was impacted by recent COVID-19 lockdowns (from 31 July 2021 onward).
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the grant, an organisation must, at the time of applying:
- Employ staff (in addition to the business owners),
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN) since 30 June 2021 and be registered for GST,
- Have a Queensland headquarters,
- Not be insolvent,
- Have an annual payroll of not more than $10 million, except large tourism/hospitality businesses,
- Have an annual turnover of over $75,000
- Be able to demonstrate that the business was impacted by the recent lock downs, and
- Be able to demonstrate or declare a reduction in turnover of 30% or more within a 7-day period associated with the lock downs.
What funding does the grant provide?
The grant offers three tiers of funding. Eligibility for each tier is determined by the size of the organisation’s annual payroll:
- $10,000 — Annual payroll under $1.3 million
- $15,000 — Annual payroll between $1.3 – $10 million
- $30,000 — Annual payroll exceeding $10 million (only for tourism/hospitality businesses/not for profit organisations)
What can grant funding be used for?
Funding may be used for business expenses.
Applying for a grant
Applications opened on 16 August 2021 and will remain open until 16 November 2021.
Eligible applicants can apply for a grant through the Queensland Government’s website.
You will need to provide supporting evidence to demonstrate that your organisation meets the eligibility requirements outlined above.
I have two businesses; can I apply for both?
Yes, as long as each business meets the criteria for eligibility.
What if my business has less than $75,000 of annual turnover?
You are not eligible for the grant described in this article, but you may be eligible for other support. Check here, for further information.
What if my business is new?
New businesses are eligible as long as they have a valid ABN as at 30 June 2021 or earlier.
Can I apply if I’ve received previous grants/loans?
Yes, so long as you meet the criteria for the 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant.
To discuss your eligibility
If you’d like to discuss the eligibility of your organisation for a 2021 COVID-19 Business Support Grant, please click here to make book a 15-minute discovery call with us.