The Queensland Government has opened a second round of unmatched grants of up to $10,000 to help small business owners and operators in the Whitsunday Region severely impacted by TC Debbie recover by allowing them to engage business consultants, mentors, coaches, training providers or an advisory service to assist them with:
- Business plan development,
- Financial counselling, and
- The exploration of new opportunities to improve the sustainability of their businesses.
Who is eligible for the grant?
To be eligible the business must:
- be located in approved regions which include the Mackay and Whitsunday Regional Council areas;
- have a minimum trading history of 2 years;
- have fewer than 20 employees on 27 March 2017;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST; and
- not have an owner or director who is an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
In addition to meeting the above eligibility criteria, applicants will be assessed on loss of trading capacity and income as a result of TC Debbie, including jobs.
Applications can be lodged online and close at 5pm on 18 September 2017
Details of the grant program, including eligibility criteria and the online application process, can be found at https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/recovery.
How we can help